5 Apps to Save You Money!
If you want to save money and you use your cell phone for everything, then let me tell you about at least 5 apps to save you money and curb your spending.
When ever I have a problem, like where to shop to spend less or where can I go that has the cheapest gas prices, I remind my self, “You know, I bet there is an app for that.” And guess what? There always is. We live in an amazing time where both iPhones and Android-capable phones make it possible to track our income and bills, while also allowing us to set financial goals. If you want to control spending, save money, track bills, and start a savings fund, (don’t we all) there’s an app for that.
Try these phone apps to save you money and achieve those financial goals. That all inclusive trip around the world is a possibility.
1. Finance apps. Quicken and BillMinder are two great finance apps worth looking into
• The Quicken app allows you to monitor and track your financial accounts no matter where you are, including financial goals, account activity, and even where you can find an ATM. That comes in handy when you are in a foreign country.
• BillMinder is another popular app and does exactly what the title says….a bill reminder and tracker. BillMinder has a simple and intuitive interface that allows you to keep track of your bills due dates and payment status. You can export your data via email for convenience and set up notifications that will send you reminders of due dates before they occur.
2. Shopping apps. Grocery Gadget Shopping List and Coupon Sherpa are two types of shopping apps that can help to save you money at the store.
• Grocery Gadget is a $4.99 app that lets you upload and share your shopping list and also offers additional features including price comparisons from your favorite local grocery stores and coupons on the products that you actually use. A coupon for a can of beans isn’t going to be useful if you only buy frozen vegetables. I love that feature!
• Coupon Sherpa is a free app that offers in-store coupons and exclusive user-only deals. You can search either by store name or category, look for local and nearby merchants and can even share coupons with your friends through e-mail.
3. Food and drink apps. All Recipes make cooking and easy and inexpensive. All Recipes is a free app that offers mobile access to thousands of different recipes offering user reviews, directions and photos. My favorite feature is the “spinner” feature. This helps you choose a recipe based on main ingredients, prep time and other details.
4. Travel apps. Gas buddy is practically indispensable! For $2.99, it will show you where the cheapest gas stations are across the nation. Because prices can vary by as much as 20% within a single city, this can add up to very large savings at the pump.
5. Communication apps. Cutting down on communication costs is available through apps like Skype and TextFree Unlimited. The Skype app is free and the TextFree Unlimited app is priced at $5.99.
• Skype, as most of you already have it, allows you to communicate with other Skype users for free and to communicate with other cell phones and land lines for very low fees. Skype, as I am sure you have used before is gaining popularity as an inexpensive source for international phone calls. I used it to talk to my kids while my husband and I were in Greece.
• TextFree As long as the application is running, Unlimited allows people to send and receive text messages for free. This app is ideal for light text message users like grandmas and grandpas.
You are very wise for taking advantage of these iPhone or Android-based phone apps. Most of these applications are free or inexpensive to use, but they can save you money and simplify your life.
Look at that! There are at least 5 Apps to Save You Money and Curb Your Spending! When you have a smart phone you can easily improve your productivity with money saving and tracking applications. These apps can be a real lifesaver when you want to get a handle on your finances.
GET FREE ACCESS TO OUR LIBRARY OF FREE PRINTABLES AND RESOURCES!
Enter Your Name and Email for FREE Access to our Library of FREE Home and Family Printables Series!