Imagine being able to save money on food at work. When it is the middle of the day at work, sometimes hunger gets the best of you and you are tempted to go to the vending machine, take a quick drive over to a fast food place, or walk to the office cafeteria. You want to save money on food at work, and maybe your waistline is expanding and want to eat healthier. Keep reading for some tips to not only save money on food at work but eat healthier as well. Your waistline will thank you.
Sometimes you need to make these quick stops when you are in a bind, or you didn’t prepare a meal ahead of time. Going out to lunch occasionally with coworkers and clients have its benefits, but it is more fiscally responsible and healthier for you to make a healthy lunch at home.
Did you know that you could save about $3,000 every single year by simply making your lunch at home and bringing it with you to work? That is a small vacation! And who doesn’t like a vacation? Not only are there significant cost benefits on saving money on food at work, but health and well-being benefits as well.
If you want to save money on food at work, consider these tips and then decide if are up for the challenge: Of course you are!
1. Saving Money. Just knowing that you are saving as much as $3,000 a year could be enough to make you want to start saving money. If you make your own lunch you could save as much as $1 to $3 per meal! You will save even more than that if you consider that many people stop by a convenient store for a soda or a donut shop before or after work. You could save over $15 every single work week.
2. Having it Your Way. When you make your own lunch, you can have your sandwich exactly how you want it including all of the veggies and condiments you like. You can throw your favorite shredded cheese on a salad. You can bring those amazing goldfish crackers in a convenient plastic container for your premade soup. You can spruce up any homemade lunch making it magnifique.
3. Bringing Leftovers. Some people will pass on this one to save money on food at work. Not everyone likes leftovers, but they make excellent lunches for the next day. Most casseroles even taste better after the spices and sauces have had a chance to set in. When making dinner, make a little bit extra to accommodate for another lunch or two or three and then enjoy the reheated soup, chili, casserole, and other favorite dinner.
4. Preparing the Night Before. Because mornings can resemble organized chaos, preparing your lunch the night before, is a great way to make sure you are set up for success in saving money on food for work. Prepare and pack everything together the night before. The next morning all you need to do is grab your lunch before you head out the door.
5. Designating a Lunch Time. Eating your lunch at designated times and a specific place will help prevent cravings and the desire to grab a quick bite while traveling away from work. If you think you may be away from work during your lunch break make sure you have an apple, celery sticks or string cheese on hand to eat until you can get back to work and eat your lunch.
6. Tracking Your Progress and Savings. It is important to track the money that you are saving when bringing your sack lunch to work. Set aside all of the money you have been saving on a daily or weekly basis and put it towards something important to you. Maybe you want to put it into savings. Is there somewhere that you have always wanted to go that you can save for?
Recap: We talked about the 6 easy ways to save money on food at work.
Money Saving Tips include:
1. Saving Money
2. Having if Your Way
3. Bringing Leftovers
4. Preparing the Night Before
5. Designating a Lunch Time and Place
6. Tracking Your Progress
It is great to have a stylish lunch container instead of a brown bag or sack lunch to carry your lunch in. Here are some great options for lunch and food containers.
Insulated Lunch Bags
Thanks for checking out the links above. I am an amazon affiliate and if you purchase using an above link, I may receive a percentage of the purchase price. I appreciate you!
GET FREE ACCESS TO OUR LIBRARY OF FREE PRINTABLES AND RESOURCES!
Enter Your Name and Email for FREE Access to our Library of FREE Home and Family Printables Series!