Enjoy Quality Family Time with Family Fun Night
Life is hectic and, without making a concentrated effort, it can seem almost impossible to enjoy quality time with your family. To solve this dilemma, schedule a weekly Family Fun Night.
Family Nights can be an incredibly uplifting way to bring your family closer together while enjoying small moments and create memories that last a lifetime.
What is Family Night?
Family Night is an evening designated by parents (usually) when everyone in the immediate family suspends their busy social calendars to spend time with each other. Some experts suggest that Family Night occur every week, for example, my family has family fun night every Monday night. All family members should be present, however if an older child has a job and can not be there, it is better to have whoever is available than not have family fun night at all.
To get a FREE printable of the ABCs of Family Fun Night with awesome ideas that you can post in your house and all of our other family and personal resources sign up in the box below.
One of the jobs parents have is to keep family interaction as positive, illuminating, and fun for the kids as possible. Spending time regularly with family members provides opportunities to re-connect and instills the value of family in children. Regular Family Nights enable you to accomplish these goals.
What Can You Do For Family Night?
The great thing about Family Night is that your night is only limited by your imagination.
Here are a few ideas that will help your family connect and have fun:
1. Cook dinner together.
For example, your teenage son can make the salad, your daughter sets up the table, Mom cooks the entrée, and Dad has the side dishes under control.
2. Watch a movie.
Have dessert, popcorn, or other snacks after dinner while relaxing and watching the movie.
- Let the kids take turns picking the movie.
- Or you might select a film you believe covers educational or interesting topics to discuss with the kids after viewing.
- Have a theme night where you watch movies from a certain decade. Like have an 80s night and watch the movie Back to the Future!
- Of course, you can also go out to a movie theater to watch a film on Family Night.
3. Go out to dinner.
Let each member of the family take turns selecting where you’ll go to dine.
- Make it fascinating, fun and educational by introducing the kids to a cuisine of a different culture each week.
4. Take part in a fun activity together.
For example, walking, biking, or playing baseball. Incorporating healthy physical activities into your weekly Family Night is smart because kids learn to enjoy regular exercise and focus on physical health as a family.
5. Occasionally, do a family project together.
Family Night might also be spent with the family working together to complete a project around the house.
- Painting the driveway, pulling weeds and trimming plants outdoors, or even washing the car are examples of projects that families can do together on Family Night.
- When a family works together, children can learn all kinds of important lessons about teamwork, perseverance, correcting errors, and feeling pride about a job well done.
- It’s best not to do a work project every week.
6. Vary your Family Night activities.
Try something different each week.
- You could post a short list of things to do and let the kids take turns picking the weekly activity.
Having regular Family Nights is important to the development of a well-functioning, happy family. With these ideas and your own adventurous spirit, you and your family can enjoy many wonderful experiences. Discover the joys of scheduling regular Family Nights together.
To get a printable of the ABCs of Family Fun Night with awesome ideas that you can post in your house as well as all of our other family and personal resources sign up below.
Pin it for later!
GET FREE ACCESS TO OUR LIBRARY OF FREE PRINTABLES AND RESOURCES!
Enter Your Name and Email for FREE Access to our Library of FREE Home and Family Printables Series!