Unique Father’s Day Gifts – Dad Puns Tie Treat Bags
Father’s Day is just around the corner. Let’s face it, dad’s are special. They are super funny, many are really goofy. Who else can pull off socks with sandals? We want to give the best to our dad. But most important, they love us.
We all want every dad in our life to feel special this year. We have come up with this unique idea that is sure to be a hit with every dad.
What you will need for these unique Father’s Day Gifts
- A download of the Dad Puns Tie Template – You can get the download on this page. There was much debate around the house as to what the ties should say, but we finally settled on 4. You can use any or all of the 4 ties. They say: “Donut You Know We (heart) You” “You Are A Smart Cookie” “You Are A Cool Cookie” and “Dad You Take The Cake”
- Treats for the Bags: You can use, doughnuts, cookies, or any kind of cake or cup cake variation.
- A Printer
- One or more sheets of 8.5 x 11 inch white cardstock
- Glue Stick
- Colored Pencils (optional) If you choose to color the ties yourself.
- White Sandwich or Craft Bags.
Step 1: Download and Print the Dad Puns Tie template on White Card Stock. Print The Sheet where the ties have already been colored or if you want to use your amazing coloring skills, print the one with no color.
Step 2: Color the Ties (If you have chosen to color your own). Then cut out the ties along the black lines.
Step 3: Get a white sandwich or gift bag and cut off the very top of the bag. Usually these edges are frayed and we want them to be nice and crisp.
Step 4: Measure approximately an inch and a half down from the top of the bag and cut about a 1 inch to a 1 1/2 inch slit on both sides of the bag.
Step 5: Fold each side down at an angle to form a collar.
Step 6: Check the tie for a good fit. You may need to adjust the angle of the collar or the tie to fit just right under the collar.
Step 7: I found that if you glue the tie on before you fill the bag with treats, then you won’t have to re adjust the tie once it is filled. It will also prevent you from losing the tie if you aren’t quite ready to fill up the bags.
Step 8: Fill the bags with either doughnuts, cookies, or any kind of cake. Then glue the collar down to secure in place.
Your dad is bound to love this unique Father’s Day gift idea.
Check out some more Unique Father’s Day Gifts:
GET FREE ACCESS TO OUR LIBRARY OF FREE PRINTABLES AND RESOURCES!
Enter Your Name and Email for FREE Access to our Library of FREE Home and Family Printables Series!