Festive Valentine Themed Treats for Kids 2023
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
Valentine’s Day is a special day for showing love and appreciation to those closest to you. What better way to do so than by preparing some sweet valentine themed treats with the kids in your life? Whether you’re making treats for a school party, a family gathering, or just for fun, there are plenty of ways to make this holiday special for the little ones.
According to the National Confectioners Association, sales of candy and chocolate for Valentine’s Day reach over $1.7 billion in the United States each year, making it the second-largest seasonal candy holiday after Halloween.
In this article, we’ll cover some of the best Valentine themed treats that kids will love, along with tips and ideas for decorating and preparing them.
First, let’s start with some sweet valentine themed treats that are sure to be a hit. Cupcakes, cookies, and brownies are all popular choices for Valentine’s Day treats. Decorate these sweet treats with heart-shaped toppings, festive sprinkles, and other decorations in a Valentine’s Day theme. Another option is to use food coloring to tint the treats pink or red, adding to the festive atmosphere.
More Valentine Themed Treats for Kids
In addition to sweet treats, savory treats can also be incorporated into your Valentine’s Day celebration.
Heart-shaped pizzas are a fun twist on a family dinner, and love bug-shaped sandwiches or veggies are a fun way to get kids excited about their food. Use cookie cutters in the shape of hearts or love bugs to create these fun treats, and don’t be afraid to get creative with the toppings and decorations.
When it comes to decorating, the possibilities are endless. Adding heart-shaped toppings to your treats, such as candy hearts, chocolate chips, or sprinkles, is a simple way to make them more festive. You can also add love bug decorations, such as googly eyes, pom-poms, and pipe cleaners, to turn your treats into adorable creatures. Use your imagination and have fun with it!
Before you start preparing your Valentine-themed treats, be sure to gather all the ingredients and supplies you’ll need. This will make the process go much smoother and prevent any last-minute trips to the store.
Plan ahead and allow enough time for baking and cooling, especially if you’re making treats for a party. And, when it’s all said and done, don’t forget about clean-up. A little planning ahead can make clean-up a breeze.
Preparing Valentine themed treats for kids is a great way to make this special holiday even more memorable. Whether you’re making sweet treats, savory treats, or a little of both, the important thing is to have fun and enjoy the company of friends and family. So, gather the kids in your life, get creative in the kitchen, and enjoy the sweetness of the season!
Here is our favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Decorating materials such as frosting, sprinkles, and food coloring (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate the cookies with frosting and toppings, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious and fun-to-decorate sugar cookies!
Classic Vanilla Icing Recipe
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- Food coloring (optional)
- In a large bowl, cream together the powdered sugar and butter until smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add 2 tablespoons of the milk or cream, mixing until the icing reaches a smooth and spreadable consistency. If the icing is too thick, add more milk or cream, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- If desired, add food coloring to the icing and mix until well combined.
Use the icing to decorate your sugar cookies as desired. You can also make variations of this icing by adding different flavors, such as almond extract, lemon juice, or cocoa powder. Have fun and get creative with your icing!
Decorating Cookie Ideas
Use dots to decorate cookies. These are simple but so cute! Use these dots to create words, fund designs and make every cookie more special.
These hearts on the above cookie was made by dropping two dots of icing on the cookie and then dragging the icing down with a toothpick.
These decorations were created by making a thin line of icing and then taking a knife and pulling down the icing every half inch or so, creating this fun design.
Cupcakes – Valentine Themed Treats for Kids
Cupcakes are a perfect treat for kids on Valentine’s Day for several reasons.
Cupcakes make great valentine themed treats for kids! They are easy to make and can be customized with various frosting flavors, sprinkles, and decorations to fit the holiday theme.
Kids can help with the baking process, from mixing the batter to decorating the cupcakes, making it a fun and interactive activity for the whole family.
Cupcakes are a sweet and portable treat, making them a great option for school parties, after-school snacks, or special Valentine themed treats for kids.
Cupcakes are a classic dessert that never go out of style and are sure to bring a smile to your kids’ faces. With a little creativity and some festive decorations, cupcakes can be transformed into adorable heart-shaped treats that are perfect for Valentine’s Day.
Heart-Shaped Pizza Ideas
Heart-shaped pizza is a fun and unique twist on a classic dinner dish that can be a perfect Valentine themed treats for kids.
Making a heart-shaped pizza is a fun and interactive activity that allows kids to get creative with toppings and get involved in the cooking process.
Basic Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 cup warm water (105-110°F)
- 1 packet of active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together the warm water and yeast. Stir in the sugar and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes or until it starts to foam.
- Add the flour to the yeast mixture, 1 cup at a time, until a soft dough forms. The dough should be slightly sticky, but not too wet.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a clean cloth, and let it rise in a warm, draft-free area for about 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and punch it down to remove any air bubbles.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions, shape into rounds and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes before rolling it out.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. Roll the dough out to the desired size and shape, place it on a pizza pan or baking sheet, and add your desired toppings.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious homemade pizza!
To create a heart-shaped pizza, simply take a round pizza dough and form it into a heart shape. Top it with your favorite sauce, cheese, and toppings, and bake it in the oven until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
The end result is a delicious and special treat that your kids will love. Whether you serve it as a fun dinner option or as an after-school snack, a heart-shaped pizza is sure to bring a smile to your kids’ faces on Valentine’s Day.
GET FREE ACCESS TO OUR LIBRARY OF FREE PRINTABLES AND RESOURCES!
Enter Your Name and Email for FREE Access to our Library of FREE Home and Family Printables Series!