Valentine’s Day for Families – The Ultimate Guide 2023
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
Valentine’s Day for Families is becoming more popular with kids. Valentine’s day is a holiday that celebrates love, affection, and friendship. It’s a time to show those closest to us just how much we care and to create special memories together.
For kids, this holiday can be even more exciting with all the love-themed treats, treats, and crafts that come along with it. In this article, Fun and Creative Valentine’s Day Ideas for Kids, we’ll explore some of the best ways to make this holiday memorable and enjoyable for children of all ages.
From making DIY Valentine’s Day cards to hosting a sweetheart dance party, there are plenty of fun and creative ways to celebrate this special day. So, let’s get ready to spread the love and have some fun with these exciting Valentine’s Day ideas for kids.
Brief History of Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is a holiday that is celebrated annually on February 14th.
It is named after Saint Valentine, a Christian martyr who lived in the Roman Empire in the 3rd century AD. The holiday has been associated with love and affection since the High Middle Ages and has evolved over time to become a day for expressing love and encouragement to those close to us and a time to create a happier home.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Gift Basket that is sure to inspire a heartfelt response. Shop Now!
The holiday is traditionally marked by the exchange of cards, flowers, and gifts between loved ones and has become a widely celebrated occasion in many countries around the world. It is a day to show appreciation and affection to partners, family members, friends, and others who are important in our lives. While the origins of the holiday may have been rooted in religious and historical events, today it is widely recognized as a day to celebrate love and affection.
Importance of Valentine’s Day for Families
Spending Valentine’s Day with kids is important because it provides a chance for families to bond and create memories together. This special holiday is a great opportunity to show kids the importance of love and affection in relationships and to demonstrate the value of family.
By involving kids in the celebration of Valentine’s Day, parents can help foster a sense of belonging and self-esteem in their children. Kids will also get a chance to express their love and affection for their family members and friends and will be able to experience the joy of giving and receiving gifts and tokens of love. By taking the time to celebrate this special holiday with kids, parents can strengthen family bonds and create lasting memories that will be cherished for years to come.
Let’s Explore Valentine’s Day For Families
In this article, we will explore fun and creative ideas for celebrating Valentine’s Day for Families
Create Super Cute DIY Valentine’s Day Cards
DIY Valentine’s Day cards are a fun and creative way for kids to express their love to friends and family. By making their own cards, kids can personalize the message, design, and materials used to create something truly special and unique.
Whether it’s creating a pop-up card with glitter and stickers, or a simple hand-drawn picture with heartfelt messages, making a DIY Valentine’s card is an excellent way to get kids involved in the holiday and let their imaginations run wild. This can be a fun and engaging activity for kids of all ages, and the finished product can be cherished for years to come. So why not gather some supplies and spend a few hours making something special and personal for those you love on Valentine’s Day.
Here is a super fund DIY Pop Up Card to make —>> DIY Valentine’s Day Cards
Baking Love-Themed Treats
Baking love-themed treats is a fun and tasty way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with kids. Not only is it a great activity to bond over, but it also allows kids to get creative and experiment with decorating and designing their sweet treats.
From heart-shaped cookies to cupcakes with love-themed sprinkles, the possibilities are endless. Why not try Heart Shaped Pancakes, Sandwiches and Pizza. Baking also provides a fun way to teach kids important kitchen skills, such as measuring ingredients and using kitchen tools.
So whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, why not whip up some delicious love-themed treats for kids this Valentine’s Day and create lasting memories and sweet treats to enjoy together. Baking Loved Themed Treats
Valentine Themed Treats with Recipes—> Valentine’s Themed Treats
Fun Creative Dinner Options
Valentine’s Day dinner is a special occasion that families can enjoy together and celebrate their love for one another.
A heart-themed dinner can be a fun way to make the holiday extra special. From heart-shaped pizzas to red and pink pasta dishes, there are many options to choose from when it comes to creating a love-filled meal.
Another idea is to set a romantic table setting with pink and red accents, such as tablecloths, napkins, and flowers. You could also create a special menu with love-themed dishes such as “Cupid’s Arrow” skewers or “Heart of Gold” salad.
Whatever you choose, a Valentine’s Day dinner is a great way to create lasting memories and show your love for your family.
Try Valentine-Themed Meals with Pizza Dough Recipes —>> Valentine Themed Meals
Fun Valentine’s Day Activities
Valentine’s Day is a special occasion that is not just about giving gifts to loved ones, but also about spending quality time together as a family.
There are many fun and creative activities that families can do together to celebrate this day of love. From heart-shaped pizzas and indoor picnics to sweetheart dance parties and movie nights, there is something for every family to enjoy.
Families can also participate in craft activities, such as making love bugs, decorating cupcakes, or creating a photo booth with fun props. Whatever activities families choose, the most important aspect is to spend time together and create lasting memories.
So, gather the family and get ready for a heartwarming celebration of love on Valentine’s Day!
Fun Activities You Do Today as a Family
Heart-Shaped Scavenger Hunt
A heart-shaped scavenger hunt is a fun and interactive activity that families can enjoy together on Valentine’s Day.
The purpose of this activity is to find heart-shaped items hidden throughout the house.
How to Play the I Heart You Scavenger Hunt
To set up the scavenger hunt, first gather a variety of small heart-shaped items such as candies, trinkets, and notes. Write a clue for each item and place the clues and items in different locations around the house.
The first clue should lead to the second and so on until all the items have been found. You can also make the scavenger hunt more challenging by adding riddles or puzzles to the clues.
This activity is great for kids as it encourages them to be active and think creatively. The final reward could be a special treat or a small gift to show your love and appreciation for the kids.
Possible Clue for I Heart You Scavenger Hunt
You can write as many or as few clues as you want. Here are some fun and creative clues you can use for a heart-shaped scavenger hunt:
- “Find the place where you wake up each day, look under your pillow and there you will find the first heart to pave the way.”
- “Go where you keep your toys and clothes, the heart is hidden in one of your favorite items of clothes.”
- “Find where the sun shines in, you’ll find the next heart waiting for you to begin.”
- “Go where the food is kept, the heart is waiting for you, don’t get upset.”
- “Find where the books are kept, the heart is hidden between the spine and the text.”
- “Go where the music is played, the heart is waiting for you to get swayed.”
- “Find where you like to play, the heart is hidden away.”
- “Go where you like to swing, the heart is waiting for you to bring.”
- “Find where the love is shared, the heart is waiting for you, be prepared.”
- “Go where you like to read, the final heart is waiting for you, you’re all done!”
Sweetheart Dance Party
A sweetheart dance party is a fun and interactive family activity for Valentine’s Day.
This activity is perfect for families with kids of all ages and provides an opportunity to get everyone up and moving.
To start the party, simply clear a space in your living room or any other room, and put on some upbeat music. Encourage everyone to dance and have fun, and don’t be afraid to get creative with your dance moves!
To make the party extra special, you can even have a prize for the best dancer or have a dance contest between family members. With sweetheart dance parties, the goal is to have fun and create memories with your loved ones, so let your hair down and enjoy the moment.
You can even go to Youtube and find a simple instruction video on how to do the waltz or even a just dance video.
Dance Party Music and Song Ideas!
- “Love Shack” by The B-52s
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling!” by Justin Timberlake
- “I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)” by Whitney Houston
- “All You Need is Love” by The Beatles
- “Shake it Off” by Taylor Swift
- “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
- “I’m Still Standing” by Elton John
- “Sugar, We’re Goin’ Down” by Fall Out Boy
- “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyed Peas
- “September Song” by Earth, Wind & Fire.
Valentine’s Day for Families Decoration Ideas
Valentine’s Day is a holiday that celebrates love and affection. Whether you’re celebrating with your significant other, friends, or family, creating a festive atmosphere is key to a successful celebration.
One of the most fun parts of planning a Valentine’s Day party is choosing the decorations. Here are three different decoration ideas to make your Valentine’s Day party special:
- Lots of lighting: The lighting in your party space can make a big impact on the overall atmosphere. You can create a romantic mood by using soft pink and red lights. Strings of fairy lights or lanterns are perfect for this. Place them in a way that will create a warm and inviting ambiance. Candles and lanterns also work great and can be used in conjunction with fairy lights.
2. Heart-shaped balloons: Balloons are a classic party decoration, and they’re perfect for Valentine’s Day. Fill your space with heart-shaped balloons in shades of red, pink, and white. They can be used to create balloon garlands, balloon bouquets, and balloon centerpieces. If you’re feeling extra creative, you can even make heart-shaped balloon animals!
3. Flowers and petals: Flowers are a timeless symbol of love, and they’re a must-have for any Valentine’s Day celebration. Use fresh flowers, such as roses, peonies, and tulips, to create beautiful centerpieces and table decorations. You can also sprinkle rose petals on tables and around the room for a romantic touch. Another option is to use fake flowers, which can be reused in the future. Artificial flowers come in a variety of colors, so you can easily find the perfect match for your Valentine’s Day party.
Movie Night with Love-Themed Films
What better way to do so than with a cozy family movie night? Choose a selection of romantic comedies or heartwarming tales that everyone can enjoy and snuggle up on the couch with blankets and pillows.
Prepare some fun snacks like heart-shaped popcorn, sweetheart candies, or a large bowl of pink and red candies. Create a festive atmosphere by lighting some scented candles and hanging up some simple yet romantic decorations, such as paper hearts and rose petals. Spending quality time together and enjoying a movie will create cherished memories that will last a lifetime
Try These Printables for You Next Family Movie Night —> Family Movie Night Printables
Don’t Know What to Watch? Here are a few ideas:
Here are some movie ideas for a Valentine’s Day for families movie night:
- “The Notebook”
- “Beauty and the Beast”
- “The Princess Bride”
- “La La Land”
- “A Walk to Remember”
- “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”
These movies offer a range of romantic and heartwarming stories that are perfect for a cozy Valentine’s Day night in with the family.
Photo Booth – Valentine’s Day for Families
A photo booth can be a fun and interactive addition to your Valentine’s Day for Families party.
This can be a designated area with props and backdrops where family members can take silly, love-themed photos of themselves.
You can create a simple photo booth with a solid color background, like red or pink, and use props such as heart-shaped glasses, oversized lips and mustaches, and large cut-out hearts to create fun and memorable photos. Encourage everyone to get in on the fun and strike a pose. This not only provides a fun activity for everyone to enjoy, but also captures memories that can be treasured for years to come.
Valentine’s Day for Families Treasure Hunt
A Valentine’s Day treasure hunt is similar to a scavenger hunt with a twist. It is a great way to bring the whole family together, have some fun and create lasting memories.
With the scavenger hunt, there are treats and prizes to be found along the way, but with a treasure hunt, there is a single prize at the end. The joy is really in the journey!
To play the treasure hunt, you will need to prepare a list of clues. The first clue should lead the players to the next clue, and so on until they reach the final prize. The clues can be as simple or as creative as you like and can be tailored to suit the ages of the players.
The first clue could be a simple note with a rhyme, or a puzzle that the players must solve. Each subsequent clue can lead the players to the next clue, and eventually, the prize!
When the players reach the prize, you can have a small celebration with balloons, treats, and music. The treasure hunt is a fun and interactive way to spend Valentine’s Day together as a family, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
When planning the treasure hunt, make sure to consider the ages of the players, so that the clues and challenges are age-appropriate.
Possible Clues for the Valentine’s Day for Families Treasure Hunt
- “Roses are red, violets are blue, I’m hiding the first clue, under something new.”
- “Love is in the air, it’s everywhere, but the next clue can only be found, with a little bit of sound.”
- “With love in my heart, I leave this clue, in a place where you put things that are ‘due.’”
- “Every day is filled with love, but it’s Valentine’s Day, that we’re thinking of. This clue is hidden, where you do your hair, in a place that’s private and just for you to share.”
- “Love is sweet, like a little treat, this clue is waiting, on a place that you sit.”
- “Roses are red, violets are blue, I’ve hidden this clue, in a place that’s near to you.”
- “With love in the air, it’s time to play, the next clue is hidden, in a place where you pray.”
- “Every love story is beautiful, but this one is special, and this clue is waiting, for you in a place where you store all.”
- “The end is near, but don’t you fear, the last clue is hidden, where you enjoy where you look in the mirror.”
Concluding Valentine’s Day for Families – The Ultimate Guide
Valentine’s Day is a special occasion for families to celebrate their love for each other. From heart-shaped scavenger hunts to sweetheart dance parties, there are countless ways to make this holiday memorable for everyone. Whether you choose to bake love-themed treats, have a family movie night, or simply spend quality time together, the important thing is to show your loved ones how much they mean to you. By incorporating creativity and planning, you can create an unforgettable Valentine’s Day celebration for your family.
GET FREE ACCESS TO OUR LIBRARY OF FREE PRINTABLES AND RESOURCES!
Enter Your Name and Email for FREE Access to our Library of FREE Home and Family Printables Series!